Administrative unit

Montpelier EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
MONTPELIER
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1845 - 1958)
Date created:
1845
Date abolished:
1958
Unit ID:
10383845
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
GLOUCESTERSHIRE Ancient County 1845 1958 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
BRISTOL Rural Deanery 1845 1866 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
BRISTOL Rural Deanery 1887 1901 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
BRISTOL CITY Rural Deanery 1949   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
BRISTOL CITY CITY DIVISION Rural Deanery 1866 1887 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
EAST BRISTOL Rural Deanery 1901 1949 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1845 was created from part of BRISTOL ST PAUL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 167.
1845 was created from part of HORFIELD EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 177.
1850 was reduced to create KINGSDOWN ST MATTHEW EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
1956 was reduced to create BRISTOL ST AGNES WITH ST SIMON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
1958 was reduced to create BRISTOL ST ANDREW WITH ST BARTHOLOMEW EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
1958 was abolished to enlarge BRISTOL ST NATHANAEL WITH ST KATHERINE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
1958 was abolished to enlarge BRISTOL ST PAUL WITH ST BARNABAS EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.
1958 was abolished to enlarge KINGSDOWN ST MATTHEW EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 181.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Montpelier EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10383845

Date accessed: 21st July 2019