Administrative unit

Gloucester St Mary de Lode EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
GLOUCESTER ST MARY DE LODE
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (until 1971)
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
1971
Unit ID:
10377754
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
GLOUCESTER ST MARY DE LODE Preferred English   1971 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
GLOUCESTER ST MARY DE LODE WITH HOLY TRINITY Alternate English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by GLOUCESTER ST MARY DE LODE CP/AP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
GLOUCESTERSHIRE Ancient County   1971 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
GLOUCESTER Rural Deanery   1952 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
GLOUCESTER CITY Rural Deanery 1952 1971 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1842 was reduced to create GLOUCESTER ST JAMES EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
1846 was reduced to create GLOUCESTER ST LUKE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
1846 was reduced to create GLOUCESTER ST MARK EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
1877 was reduced to create GLOUCESTER CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
1930 was reduced to create GLOUCESTER ST ALDATE FINLAY ROAD EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
1932 was reduced to create LONGLEVENS EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
1971 was abolished to create GLOUCESTER ST MARY DE LODE AND ST NICHOLAS EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 175.
Before the 18th century was enlarged by the abolition of GLOUCESTER HOLY TRINITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 174.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Gloucester St Mary de Lode EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10377754

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019