Administrative unit

Clifton EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
CLIFTON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (until 1952)
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
1952
Unit ID:
10368029
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
CLIFTON Preferred English   1952 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
CLIFTON ST ANDREW Alternate English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by CLIFTON AP/CP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
GLOUCESTERSHIRE Ancient County   1952 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
BRISTOL Rural Deanery   1866 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
BRISTOL Rural Deanery 1887 1901 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
BRISTOL CITY CITY DIVISION Rural Deanery 1866 1887 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
CLIFTON Rural Deanery 1901 1952 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1841 was reduced to create KINGS PARADE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
1844 was reduced to create CLIFTON CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
1859 was reduced to create CLIFTON ST PAUL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
1863 was reduced to create CLIFTON HOLY TRINITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
1864 was reduced to create CLIFTON WOOD EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
1881 was reduced to create CLIFTON ST ANDREW THE LESS DOWRY SQUARE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
1952 was abolished to enlarge CLIFTON CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.
1952 was abolished to enlarge CLIFTON HOLY TRINITY ST ANDREW THE LESS AND ST PETER EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 170.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Clifton EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10368029

Date accessed: 17th July 2019