Administrative unit

Barton Hill St Luke EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
BARTON HILL ST LUKE
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1850 - 1954)
Date created:
1850
Date abolished:
1954
Unit ID:
10356489
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
GLOUCESTERSHIRE Ancient County 1850 1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
BITTON Rural Deanery 1949 1954 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
BRISTOL Rural Deanery 1850 1866 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
BRISTOL Rural Deanery 1887 1901 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
BRISTOL CITY CITY DIVISION Rural Deanery 1866 1887 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
EAST BRISTOL Rural Deanery 1901 1949 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1850 was created from part of BRISTOL HOLY TRINITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 166.
1850 was created from part of BRISTOL ST GEORGE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 166.
1865 was reduced to create BRISTOL THE UNITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
1868 was reduced to create BRISTOL ST SILAS EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
1886 was reduced to create BARTON HILL CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
1954 was abolished to create BARTON HILL ST LUKE WITH CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Barton Hill St Luke EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10356489

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019