Administrative unit

Brighton St Mary and St James EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
BRIGHTON ST MARY AND ST JAMES
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1956 - 1967)
Date created:
1956
Date abolished:
1967
Unit ID:
10284442
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SUSSEX Ancient County 1956 1967 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
KEMP TOWN Rural Deanery 1956 1967 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1956 was created through the abolition of BRIGHTON ST JAMES EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
1956 was created through the abolition of BRIGHTON ST MARY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
1967 was abolished to create KEMP TOWN ST MARY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Brighton St Mary and St James EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10284442

Date accessed: 16th December 2019