Administrative unit

Wimbledon EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
WIMBLEDON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10147633
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
WIMBLEDON Preferred English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.
WIMBLEDON ST MARY Alternate English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by WIMBLEDON ST MARY CP/AP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.
BARNES Rural Deanery 1872 1909 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.
BARNES AND HAMMERSMITH Rural Deanery 1861 1872 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.
MERTON Rural Deanery 1966   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.
WIMBLEDON Rural Deanery 1909 1966 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1872 was reduced to create SOUTH WIMBLEDON HOLY TRINITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.
1910 was reduced to create WIMBLEDON ST LUKE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.
1961 was reduced to create WEST WIMBLEDON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 495.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Wimbledon EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10147633

Date accessed: 11th December 2019