Administrative unit

Southwark St Mary EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
SOUTHWARK ST MARY
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1843 - 1956)
Date created:
1843
Date abolished:
1956
Unit ID:
10147438
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
SOUTHWARK ST MARY Preferred English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
SOUTHWARK ST MARY MAGDALENE Alternate English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1843 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
SOUTHWARK Rural Deanery 1843 1947 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
SOUTHWARK AND NEWINGTON Rural Deanery 1947 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1843 was created from part of SOUTHWARK ST GEORGE THE MARTYR EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 490.
1849 was reduced to create SOUTHWARK ST STEPHEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1956 was abolished to create BERMONDSEY ST MARY MAGDALEN WITH ST OLAVE AND ST JOHN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1956 was abolished to enlarge SOUTHWARK HOLY TRINITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1956 was abolished to enlarge SOUTHWARK ST STEPHEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1956 was abolished to create WALWORTH ALL SAINTS WITH ST STEPHEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1956 was abolished to create WALWORTH THE LADY MARGARET WITH ST MARY MAGDALENE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Southwark St Mary EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10147438

Date accessed: 08th December 2019