Administrative unit

Newington St Andrew EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
NEWINGTON ST ANDREW
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1877 - 1956)
Date created:
1877
Date abolished:
1956
Unit ID:
10146677
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1877 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.
NEWINGTON Rural Deanery 1877 1947 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.
SOUTHWARK AND NEWINGTON Rural Deanery 1947 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1877 was created from part of SOUTHWARK HOLY TRINITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1956 was abolished to enlarge SOUTHWARK HOLY TRINITY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.
1956 was abolished to enlarge SOUTHWARK ST STEPHEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Newington St Andrew EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10146677

Date accessed: 06th December 2019