Administrative unit

Merton St James EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
MERTON ST JAMES
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1951)
Date created:
1951
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10058764
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 485.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1951   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 485.
MERTON Rural Deanery 1966   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 485.
WIMBLEDON Rural Deanery 1951 1966 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 485.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1951 was created from part of MERTON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 485.
1951 was created from part of RAYNES PARK EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 488.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Merton St James EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10058764

Date accessed: 05th December 2019