Administrative unit

Brixton St Matthew EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
BRIXTON ST MATTHEW
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1825)
Date created:
1825
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10052579
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1825   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
BRIXTON AND KENNINGTON Rural Deanery 1935 1947 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
CLAPHAM Rural Deanery 1871 1935 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
CLAPHAM AND BRIXTON Rural Deanery 1947   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
SOUTHWARK Rural Deanery 1825 1871 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1825 was created from part of LAMBETH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 484.
1848 was reduced to create DENMARK HILL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1853 was reduced to create ANGELL TOWN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1856 was reduced to create TULSE HILL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1859 was reduced to create CLAPHAM PARK ALL SAINTS EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1868 was reduced to create STOCKWELL GREEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1869 was reduced to create EAST BRIXTON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1876 was reduced to create BRIXTON HILL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1877 was reduced to create LOUGHBOROUGH PARK EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1882 was reduced to create BRIXTON ST PAUL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1899 was reduced to create UPPER TULSE HILL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Brixton St Matthew EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10052579

Date accessed: 13th December 2019