Administrative unit

Bermondsey St James EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
BERMONDSEY ST JAMES
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1840 - 1956)
Date created:
1840
Date abolished:
1956
Unit ID:
10052506
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1840 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
BERMONDSEY Rural Deanery 1909 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
SOUTHWARK Rural Deanery 1840 1909 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1840 was created from part of BERMONDSEY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 473.
1845 was reduced to create BERMONDSEY CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1871 was reduced to create BERMONDSEY ST ANNE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1875 was reduced to create BERMONDSEY ST CRISPIN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1878 was reduced to create SOUTH BERMONDSEY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1885 was reduced to create BERMONDSEY ST LUKE ORANGE ROAD EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.
1956 was abolished to create BERMONDSEY ST JAMES WITH CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 474.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Bermondsey St James EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10052506

Date accessed: 07th December 2019