Administrative unit

Southwark St Olave and St John EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
SOUTHWARK ST OLAVE AND ST JOHN
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1947 - 1956)
Date created:
1947
Date abolished:
1956
Unit ID:
10037177
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1947 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
SOUTHWARK AND NEWINGTON Rural Deanery 1947 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1947 was created through the abolition of SOUTHWARK ST JOHN HORSLEYDOWN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1947 was created through the abolition of SOUTHWARK ST OLAVE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.
1956 was abolished to create BERMONDSEY ST MARY MAGDALEN WITH ST OLAVE AND ST JOHN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 491.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Southwark St Olave and St John EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10037177

Date accessed: 06th December 2019