Administrative unit

Purley St Swithun EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
PURLEY ST SWITHUN
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1861)
Date created:
1861
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10036847
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 488.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1861   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 488.
CATERHAM Rural Deanery 1861   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 488.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1961 was created from part of COULSDON ST ANDREW EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 477.
1961 was created from part of PURLEY CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 488.
1961 was created from part of PURLEY ST MARK WOODCOTE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 488.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Purley St Swithun EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10036847

Date accessed: 08th December 2019