Administrative unit

Newington All Saints EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
NEWINGTON ALL SAINTS
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1866 - 1956)
Date created:
1866
Date abolished:
1956
Unit ID:
10036586
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SURREY Ancient County 1866 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.
NEWINGTON Rural Deanery 1870 1947 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.
SOUTHWARK AND NEWINGTON Rural Deanery 1947 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1866 was created from part of NEWINGTON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.
1956 was abolished to create WALWORTH ALL SAINTS WITH ST STEPHEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.
1956 was abolished to create WALWORTH THE LADY MARGARET WITH ST MARY MAGDALENE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 486.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Newington All Saints EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10036586

Date accessed: 07th December 2019