Administrative unit

Bishops Wood EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
BISHOPS WOOD
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1845)
Date created:
1845
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10035478
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 123.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
GLOUCESTERSHIRE Ancient County 1845   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 164.
HEREFORDSHIRE Ancient County 1845   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 123.
ROSS Rural Deanery 1845 1923 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 123.
ROSS AND ARCHENFIELD Rural Deanery 1923   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 123.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1845 was created from part of RUARDEAN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 184.
1845 was created from part of WALFORD EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 136.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Bishops Wood EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10035478

Date accessed: 20th July 2019