In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marrick like this:
MARRICK, a village and a parish in Reeth district, N. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the river Swale, 6½ miles WSW of Richmond r. station; and has a postoffice, under Richmond, Yorkshire. The parish contains also the hamlet of Hurst. Acres, 5,560. Real property, £3,702; of which £300 are in mines. ...
Pop. in 1851,555; in 1861,462. Houses, 98. The decrease of pop. was caused by unproductive working oflead mines at Hurst. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to F. Morley, Esq. Marrick Park and Marrick Lodge are chief residences. A Benedictine nunnery was founded here, in 1165, by Roger de Aske; had 17 nuus at the dissolution; and has left the nave of its church and several detached portions of other buildings, with architectural features of considerable interest. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £98. Patron, F. Morley, Esq. The church is the nave of the old nunnery church, has a tower, and is in good condition. Charities, £17.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marrick, in Richmondshire and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marrick ".