Place:


Oldberrow  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oldberrow like this:

OLDBERROW, a parish in the district of Alcester and county of Worcester; almost surrounded by Warwickshire, 2¼ miles W of Henley-in-Arden, and 3¼ E N E of Studley r. station. Post-town, Henley-in-Arden, under Birmingham. Acres, 1, 185. Real property, £1, 663. Pop., 52. Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Mrs. W. Newton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £208.* Patron, Mrs. E. Peshall. The church is plain early English, and has a belfry.

Oldberrow through time

Oldberrow is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oldberrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oldberrow, in Stratford on Avon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9992

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oldberrow ".