Place:


Naunton Beauchamp  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Naunton Beauchamp like this:

NAUNTON-BEAUCHAMP, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; on a branch of the river Avon, 3 miles N by E of Pershore r. station. Post-town, Pershore. Acres, 1,025. Real property, £1, 327. Pop., 157. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £96.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was built after the Conquest, by Urso D' Abtot, Earl of Worcester, whose daughter married the first Beauchamp:and it is a brick structure, with a stone tower, all ingood repair.

Naunton Beauchamp through time

Naunton Beauchamp is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Naunton Beauchamp itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Naunton Beauchamp, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9956

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Naunton Beauchamp ".