Place:


Kington  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kington like this:

KINGTON, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; near the intersection of the Worcester and Fenny-Compton railway with the Evesham and Birmingham railway, 7 miles N E by N of Pershore. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 1, 000. Real property, £1, 191. Pop., 172. Houses, 36. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £99. Patron, W. Laslett, Esq. The church is good.

Kington through time

Kington is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kington, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9926

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kington ".