Place:


Kidmore End  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kidmore End like this:

KIDMORE-END, a village in Caversham parish, and a chapelry partly also in Shiplake and Sonning parishes, Oxford. The village stands 4 miles N of Reading r. station, and has a post office under Henley-on-Thames. The chapelry was constituted in 1853. Pop. in 1861, 605. Houses, 128. Pop. of the Caversham portion, 418; of the Sonning portion, 148. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £78. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was built in 1852.

Kidmore End through time

Kidmore End is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kidmore End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kidmore End in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9896

Date accessed: 19th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kidmore End ".