Place:


Grafton Flyford  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grafton Flyford like this:

FLYFORD GRAFTON, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; 2¾ miles E of Spetchley r. station, and 6½ N by E of Pershore. It includes the hamlet of Libbery. Post town, Spetchley, under Worcester. Acres, 1, 640. Real property, £1, 832. Pop., 225. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £75.* Patron, the Earl of Coventrn The church is decorated and later English, with a pinnacled tower. An endowed school has £31; and other charities £8.

Grafton Flyford through time

Grafton Flyford is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grafton Flyford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grafton Flyford, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9884

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grafton Flyford ".