Place:


Flyford Flavell  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flyford Flavell like this:

FLYFORD-FLAVEL, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; 3¾ miles E of Spetchley r. station, and 6½ NNE of Pershore. Post town, Spetchley, under Worcester. Acres, 730. Real property, £845. Pop., 173. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. Remains of fossil shells are plentiful; and there is a medicinal spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £100.* Patron, W. Laslett, Esq. The church is ancient, with a tower; and was restored in 1845.

Flyford Flavell through time

Flyford Flavell is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Flyford Flavell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flyford Flavell, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9880

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Flyford Flavell ".