Place:


Broughton Hackett  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton Hackett like this:

BROUGHTON-HACKETT, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; on the Midland railway, 1 mile N by E of Spetchley station, and 6 NNW of Pershore. Post Town, Spetchley, under Worcester. Acres, 390. Real property, £782. Pop., 164. Houses, 39. The property is subdivided. Blue limestone is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, 73.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is very good.

Broughton Hackett through time

Broughton Hackett is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton Hackett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton Hackett, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9748

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton Hackett ".