Place:


Tarset West  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tarset West like this:

TARSET, a township, with a r. station, in Thorney-burn parish, Northumberland; on a burn of its own name, on the North Tyne river, and on the Border Counties railway, 3½ miles WNW of Bellingham. Acres, 17,408. Pop., 112. Houses, 21. T. Castle was burnt by raiders about 1516.

Tarset West through time

Tarset West is now part of Tynedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tynedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tarset West itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tarset West, in Tynedale and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9701

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tarset West ".