Place:


Beoley  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beoley like this:

BEOLEY, a parish in Kings-Norton district, Worcester; on the verge of the county, 2½ miles NE of Redditch r. station. Post Town, Redditch, under Bromsgrove. Acres, 4,480. Real property, £6,809. Pop., 682. Houses, 151. An ancient castle, of which very slight traces remain, belonged successively to the noble families of Mortimer, Beauchamp, and Holland. ...


Beoley Hall is the seat of Capt. R. Mole. The parish is a meet for the North Warwick hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £73. Patron, W. Holmes, Esq. The church is ancient. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Beoley through time

Beoley is now part of Bromsgrove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromsgrove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beoley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beoley, in Bromsgrove and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9618

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beoley ".