Place:


Abberton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abberton like this:

ABBERTON, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; on the river Piddle, 3 miles SSW of Inkberrow and 4 NNE of Pershore r. station. It has a postal-box under Pershore. Acres, 1,001. Real property, £1,337. Pop., 82. Houses, 17. The property is all in one estate. There are saline springs, similar to the waters of Cheltenham. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £161. Patron, W. Laslett, Esq. The church is good.

Abberton through time

Abberton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abberton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9573

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abberton ".