Place:


Wellesbourne  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wellesbourne like this:

WELLESBOURNE-HASTINGS, and W.-MOUNTFORD, two parishes in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; 5 miles E by N of Stratford r. station. They have a post-office‡ under Warwick, and an inn. Acres, 2,849 and 1,654. Real property, £5,323 and £4,653. Pop., 800 and 742. Houses, 181 and 182. W. Hall is the seat of B. Granville, Esq. The livings are a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £422.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is partly Norman, partly early English. There is a national school.

Wellesbourne through time

Wellesbourne is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wellesbourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wellesbourne, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9406

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wellesbourne ".