Place:


Weddington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weddington like this:

WEDDINGTON, a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick; 1 mile N of Nuneaton r. station. Post town, Nuneaton. Acres, 911. Real property, £2,155. Pop., 74. Houses, 10. W. Castle is the seat of E. Lees, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £278.* Patron, Mrs. Hall. The church was built in 1733.

Weddington through time

Weddington is now part of Nuneaton and Bedworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nuneaton and Bedworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weddington, in Nuneaton and Bedworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9397

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weddington ".