Place:


Stretton on Fosse  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretton on Fosse like this:

STRETTON-ON-THE-FOSS, a parish, with a village, in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on the Fosse way, 4 miles NNE of Moreton r. station. Post town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 1,939. Real property, £2,165. Pop., 435. Houses, 99. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory, united with Ditchford, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £288.* Patron, Mrs. Fitzgerald. The church was rebuilt in 1842. There are a free school, and charities £15.

Stretton on Fosse through time

Stretton on Fosse is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stretton on Fosse itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretton on Fosse, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9374

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stretton on Fosse ".