Place:


West Heddon  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Heddon like this:

HEDDON (West), a township in Heddon-on-theWall parish, Northumberland; adjacent to Heddon-onthe-Wall township. Acres, 338. Pop., 36. Houses, 7. A row of houses here was inhabited by French emigrants, during the revolution; and was afterwards used as a workhouse.

West Heddon through time

West Heddon is now part of Castle Morpeth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Castle Morpeth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Heddon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Heddon, in Castle Morpeth and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9268

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Heddon ".