Place:


Bishops Itchington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishops Itchington like this:

BISHOPS-ITCHINGTON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the river Itchin and on the Oxford and Rugby railway, 2 miles SSE of Harbury station, and 3¾ SW of Southam. It has a post office under Rugby. Acres, with Chapel-Ascote, 3,026. Real property, £4,586. Pop., 598. Houses, 131. ...


The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacies of Chadshunt and Gaydon, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £416.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £22.

Bishops Itchington through time

Bishops Itchington is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bishops Itchington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishops Itchington, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9144

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bishops Itchington ".