Place:


Honington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Honington like this:

HONINGTON, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on the river Stour, 1½ mile N of Shipston-on-Stour, and 7 NE of Moreton r. station. It includes a place called St. Dennis, anciently known as Bradmore chapelry. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 2, 441. Real property, £3, 361. ...


Pop., 250. Houses, 60. The property belonged to the monastery of Coventry, and passed to the Gibbeses and the Parkers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £130. * Patron, the Rev. H. Townsend. The church was rebuilt at the expense of the late Sir Henry Parker, Bart.

Honington through time

Honington is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Honington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Honington, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9139

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Honington ".