Place:


Gaydon  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gaydon like this:

GAYDON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; 3 miles NE of Kineton, and 4 WNW of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1, 140. Real property, £1, 964. Pop., 292. Houses, 62. The manor belonged once to the bishops of Lichfield and Coventry; was afterwards long held by the Fishers; and passed to the Askells. The parish is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bishops-Itchington, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is later English.

Gaydon through time

Gaydon is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gaydon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gaydon, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8982

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gaydon ".