Place:


East Brunton  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Brunton like this:

BRUNTON (East and West), two townships in Gosforth parish, Northumberland; 4 miles N of Newcastle. Acres, 953 and 1,134. Pop., 134 and 128. Houses, 25 and 24. Coal of superior quality exists here; but has, in great measure, been worked out.

East Brunton through time

East Brunton is now part of Newcastle upon Tyne district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newcastle upon Tyne has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Brunton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Brunton, in Newcastle upon Tyne and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8855

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Brunton ".