Place:


St Mary Church  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Mary Church like this:

MARYCHURCH (ST.), a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; near the river Ddaw, 2 miles S by E of Cowbridge r. station. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 727. Real property, £746. Pop., 119. Houses, 30. The property is all in one estate. Remains exist of a castle, built in the 11th century, by Robert St. Quintin. The parish is a meet for the Cowbridge harriers. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Llandongh, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is good.

St Mary Church through time

St Mary Church is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Mary Church itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Mary Church in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8796

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Mary Church ".