Place:


St Brides Minor  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Brides Minor like this:

BRIDES-MINOR (St.), a township and a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan. The township lies on the river Ogmore, and on the South Wales railway, 2½ miles N by W of Bridgend. Acres, 1,829. Real-property, £1,035. Pop., 534. Houses, 110. The parish includes also the hamlet of Ynysawdre; and its Post Town is Bridgend. ...


Acres, 2,215. Real property, £1,283. Pop., 879. Houses, 176. The property is divided among a few. Remains of Ogmore Castle, which belonged to the duchy of Lancaster, are in Ynysawdre. Coal is worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £176.* Patron, the Earl of Dunraven.

St Brides Minor through time

St Brides Minor is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Brides Minor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Brides Minor, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8771

Date accessed: 20th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Brides Minor ".