Place:


Beadnell  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beadnell like this:

BEADNELL, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Bambrough parish, Northumberland. The village stands on the coast, 3¾ miles ENE of Chathill r. station, and 5¼. SE of Bambrough; and has a post office under Chathill, and a small harbour. The township comprises 743 acres. Pop., 311. ...


Houses, 66. The chapelry includes the township, but is more extensive; and was constituted in 1854. Rated property, £1,371. Pop., 577. Houses, 115. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham. Value, £79.* Patron, the Vicar of Bambrough. The church is a handsome Gothic edifice.

Beadnell through time

Beadnell is now part of Berwick upon Tweed district. Click here for graphs and data of how Berwick upon Tweed has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beadnell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beadnell, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8713

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beadnell ".