Place:


Billesley  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Billesley like this:

BILLESLEY, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; near the Stratford and Birmingham canal, 4 miles WNW of Stratford r. station. Post Town, Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 750. Real property, £786. Pop., 35. Houses, 6. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300. Patrons, M. Miles, Esq., and Rev. T. Higgins. The church is good.

Billesley through time

Billesley is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Billesley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Billesley, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8577

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Billesley ".