Place:


Bickenhill  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bickenhill like this:

BICKENHILL, a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the Northwestern railway and the Warwick canal, 2 miles NW of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 8 SE of Birmingham. It comprises Church, Middle, Lyndon, and Marston quarters; and has a post office under Birmingham. Acres, 3,771. Real property, £6,674. Pop., 744. Houses, 170. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £222.* Patron, the Earl of Aylesford. The church is old but good. There are a chapel of ease, a national school, and charities £6.

Bickenhill through time

Bickenhill is now part of Solihull district. Click here for graphs and data of how Solihull has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bickenhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bickenhill, in Solihull and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8574

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bickenhill ".