Place:


Barston  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barston like this:

BARSTON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; ½ mile ENE of Knowle r. station, and 9 W of Coventry. Post Town, Knowle, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,866. Real property, £4,507. Pop., 336. Houses, 79. The property is much subdivided. Barston Park is a chief residence The living is a. vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Berkeswell, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is excellent. Charities, £8.

Barston through time

Barston is now part of Solihull district. Click here for graphs and data of how Solihull has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barston, in Solihull and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8562

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barston ".