Place:


Greatham  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Greatham like this:

GREATHAM, a parish in Chichester district, Sussex: on the river Arun, 2 miles S of Pulborough r. station, and 6 NNE of Arundel. Post town, Pulborough, under Petworth. Acres, 769. Real property, £781. Pop., 51. Houses, 12. The living is a rectory, annexed to rectory of Wingonholt, in the diocese of Chichester. The church is early English.

Greatham through time

Greatham is now part of Horsham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Horsham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Greatham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Greatham, in Horsham and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8466

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Greatham ".