Place:


Pendeulwyn  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pendeulwyn like this:

PENDOYLAN, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; adjacent to the river Ely and to the South Wales railway, 1¾ mile W by N of Peterston r. station, and 8½ W of Cardiff. It contains the village of Rhydodridge; and its post town is Peterston, under Cardiff. Acres, 3, 504. Real property, £3, 185. ...


Pop., 380. Houses, 77. The property is much subdivided. Hensol belonged to the Talbots, and passed to the Crawshays. There arelimestone and mineral springs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £112.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is good. Charities, £5.

Pendeulwyn through time

Pendeulwyn is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pendeulwyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pendeulwyn in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8434

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pendeulwyn ".