Place:


Pen Coed  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pen Coed like this:

PENCOED, a hamlet in Coychurch parish, Glamorgan; on the South Wales railway, 3¾ miles E of Bridgend. It has a station on the railway, a post-office under Bridgend, and a Calvinistic Methodist chapel. Acres, 2,045. Real property, £1, 568. Pop. in 1851, 490; in 1861, 604. Houses, 135.

Pen Coed through time

Pen Coed is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pen Coed itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pen Coed, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8429

Date accessed: 21st April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pen Coed ".