Place:


Denton  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denton like this:

DENTON, a parish in Lewes district, Sussex; on the river Ouse and the Newhaven railway, 1¼ mile N of Newhaven r. station, and 5 SSE of Lewes. Post town, Newhaven, under Lewes. Acres, 1, 008. Real property, £1, 187. Pop., 206. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the duchy of Lancaster. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £240.* Patron, Miss E. W. Catt.

Denton through time

Denton is now part of Lewes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lewes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Denton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denton, in Lewes and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8327

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Denton ".