Place:


Forsbrook  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Forsbrook like this:

FORSBROOK, a township in Dilhorne parish, and a chapelry in Dilhorne and Stone parishes, Stafford. The township lies near the Blyth-Bridge station of the Stoke and Uttoxeter railway, 3 miles WSW of Cheadle. Real property, £3, 301. Pop., 724. Houses, 162. The chapelry comprises nearly all the township; includes only a small part of Stone parish; and was constituted in 1849. Post town, Blyth-Marsh, under Stone. Pop., 765. Houses, 168. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £158.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Forsbrook through time

Forsbrook is now part of Staffordshire Moorlands district. Click here for graphs and data of how Staffordshire Moorlands has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Forsbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Forsbrook in Staffordshire Moorlands | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8072

Date accessed: 23rd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Forsbrook ".