Place:


Chapel Chorlton  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chapel Chorlton like this:

CHORLTON, a chapelry in Eccleshall parish, Stafford: on the North Western railway, 1¾ mile SSE of Whitmore r. station, and 6 N by W of Eccleshall. It includes the township of Chorlton-Hill, and part of the hamlet of Stableford; and its post town is Whitmore, under Stoke-on-Trent. Acres, 1, 921. Real property, £3, 342. Pop., 484. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £105.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is tolerable.

Chapel Chorlton through time

Chapel Chorlton is now part of Newcastle under Lyme district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newcastle under Lyme has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chapel Chorlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chapel Chorlton, in Newcastle under Lyme and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7991

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chapel Chorlton ".