Place:


Walesby  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walesby like this:

WALESBY, a parish, with a village, in Southwell district, Notts; 4¼ miles W of Tuxford r. station. It has a post-office under Newark. Acres, 1,260. Real property, £1,637. Pop., 327. Houses, 81. The manor belongs to the Earl of Scarborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £158.* Patron, the Earl of Scarborough. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £6.

Walesby through time

Walesby is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walesby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walesby, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7804

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walesby ".