Place:


Teversal  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Teversal like this:

TEVERSALL, a parish, with a village, in Mansfield district, Notts; 3 miles NW of Sutton r. station, and 3¾ W by N of Mansfield. Post town, Mansfield. Acres, 2,820. Real property, £2,850. Pop., 351. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to the Dowager-Countess of Carnarvon. There are sandstone quarries and a colliery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £510.* Patron, the Dowager-Countess of Carnarvon. The church is partly Norman. Charities, £7.

Teversal through time

Teversal is now part of Ashfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ashfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Teversal itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Teversal, in Ashfield and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7784

Date accessed: 24th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Teversal ".