Place:


Skegby  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Skegby like this:

SKEGBY, a parish, with a village, in Mansfield district, Notts; 3 miles W of Mansfield r. station. It has a post-office under Mansfield. Acres, 1,456. Real property, £2,466; of which £160 are in mines. Pop., 805. Houses, 156. The property is subdivided. Limestone is quarried; and stocking-making is carried on. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is partly Norman. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Skegby through time

Skegby is now part of Ashfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ashfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Skegby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Skegby, in Ashfield and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7757

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Skegby ".