Place:


Shelton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shelton like this:

SHELTON, a parish, with a village, in Bingham district, Notts; 3½ miles N by E of Elton r. station, and 6¼ S by W of Newark. It has a post-office under Newark. Acres, 740. Real property, £1,939. Pop., 127. Houses, 27. The manor belongs to R. Hall, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £322.* Patron, G. Maltby, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £9.

Shelton through time

Shelton is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shelton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shelton, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7755

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shelton ".